The swimming gala Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

TheCorner » Campus Square » Previous messages » The swimming gala « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

minnie ( - 168.70.108.53)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, there's always a reason for everything, be it good or bad. I think no matter what you say I still hate to attend the swimming gala. That's it. I am glad you don't find it terribly boring. But I think many students feel the way I do. They'd rather have a day off or something. Swimming gala? No way! The Athletic Meet is already enough.
So it makes no sense whatsoever to continue the arguing over this. We just can't change the way each other think! Let students judge who is right themselves.

a seventh former ( - 202.70.251.79)

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...Yes! Some schools do not have swimming gala till now, so , it is fortunate for us to have such a chance to swim and relax ourselves.
Minnie, I think students nowadays have enough channels to read, such as the use of the Internet. By using it, students can get easy access to the info. about subjects like politics, arts and entertainment in the school computer room after school. Then, the money left can be used for other activities just like the swimming gala, it is really a great opportunity for us to have an annual activity rather that just reading all days...

minnie ( - 168.70.107.54)

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A different way of education? How? I have taken part in this activity on a compulsory basis for many years and every time I got home from it, I said to myself 'what the hell have I done today?' I know those who suggest to hold a swimming gala mean well, but as many of us are not that ardent about swimming, the teachers should come to terms with the fact that it is not popular among us and should be cancelled. But we still got the Athletic Meet which can take swimming gala's place as a 'different way of education'. As far as I know, not many high schools organize swimming galas so it is not as necessary as it is supposed to be. Th resources saved from the abolition of the gala can be made use of in other respects to provide 'a different way of education'. For instance more books of a wider variety ( covering subjects like politics, arts and entertainment) can be added to the collection of our library. Isn't it a better way to improve our learning environment which is an indispensable part of education?

Houkey ( - 205.252.144.25)

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We should respect the willness of student.I think that most student would not like to join a swimming gala.

a seventh former ( - 202.70.251.94)

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sorry that i could not agree with both of you! As a part of education, holding a swimming gala can be regarded as one active and different way of education.
Do you think that it just includes the recitation of information from textbooks?
To become a student of high-calibre, i don't think
one should just perform well in academic field but
the extra-curricular one as well!
As far as the problem of few students know how to swim, the responsibility should be put on students since SCC holds swimming lessons every year and boys should more or less know how to swim!

a f4 student ( - 203.80.215.249)

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i agree with u ,Minnie since swimming gala is wasting our time!!!

Minnie ( - 168.70.98.129)

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2000 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I detest the idea of holding a swimming gala. Not many people know how to swim. It's just an activity for a limited number of people. The only thing the rest of people can do is fool around under hot temperatures. So it is high time that the gala was cancelled!!

a seventh former ( - 202.70.251.88)

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2000 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today is the annual swimming gala. This is a nice day with enough sunshine. Thanks for God to give us such a good gathering day!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration